Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas

With the holiday weekend in full swing, I've been meaning to squeeze in a few posts that have been sitting in my mental queue. Besides taking mental notes, I decided to pack my MacBook Air with me with attempts to post during some downtime during our Christmas Eve celebration at my relatives' in Brooklyn.

However, with the Giants vs. Jets game blaring, my rowdy uncles screaming after each play (there is an equal number of Giants and Jets fanatics in my family, so you can imagine the noise), my little cousin begging me to watch The Nightmare Before Christmas with every ounce of attention, and with several seafood dishes coming out one after another (yes, I'm Italian), you can only imagine how distracted I was to focus on writing.

Aside from all of that, the bigger epiphany that struck me, prompting me to put down my computer was the notion of just pausing, and letting myself just enjoy my crazy surroundings. After all, I was with my entire family, who I see all together merely twice a year. It was a gift in itself for me to indulge in the presence of  all of the loved ones that surrounded me. Nothing else should matter at that moment.

Relationships with people are far more important than anything else on earth, and we should cherish them at every opportunity.

I hope every family across the globe embraces their family and close friends this weekend. Close your eyes and take it all in. These are the memories that will be imprinted forever in your heart.

To sum up the post, I want to leave my readers with a few gifts. After all, 'tis the season for giving. It's not much, and theres no contest, just leave a comment asking which gift you might want and it's yours.


  • 1 Year Free Membership to Shoprunner.com.
  • A voucher to use at Noble Tree Coffee & Tea - Chicago, IL. (Half 1/2 of Coffee & 1 free coffee).
  • A voucher for $10 off your next Southwest flight.

Merry Christmas,

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis