Monday, December 19, 2011

Groupon Resort Stay Voucher & $10 Groupon Bucks With Groupon Local Purchase

Let's just face it, with the chaos of the holidays approaching us, and the bitter cold weather (yesterday it was 18 degrees here!), who doesn't want to get away? What's even more stressful in the equation is that Kevin and I have been so busy working out of town that we rarely have experienced quality time together throughout the last 3 months. We decided it was time to be impulsive and plan for a nice, romantic escape in January.

Yesterday Groupon was offering a 7-day resort stay voucher for $399 which could be redeemed at several locations across the U.S, Mexico, and the Caribbean. I admit that I was extremely skeptical at first because I was afraid I was signing us up for annoying time-share pitches, but with our dire need for a change of scenery, I thought, "what the heck?"

Plus, another incentive was earning 15 Chase Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent at Groupon through the Ultimate Rewards shopping portal (~6000 points).

At the current moment, we are waiting for our voucher to be ready so we can start browsing resorts. Personally I am leaning towards Cancun, so I hope there are properties available during the time we want to get away!



Speaking of Groupon, it seems that lots of companies are on a mission to help our local small businesses. Last month, American Express endorsed "Small Business Saturday" which was a huge hit in the communities across the country. Now this time, Groupon has a holiday treat for both us and the small businesses that we support.

If you don't have a Groupon account already, now is the time to get one (thanks for letting me refer you).

After being one of the first 150,000 people to register, get ready to earn $10 back in Groupon Bucks when you purchase a Groupon local deal for $10 or more by December 24, 2011. The Groupon Bucks will be deposited into your account by 12/31/11 and will expire by March 31. The Groupon Bucks could be used towards any future Groupon local deal.


Go on and support the businesses in your community. Whether you are purchasing a deal to your favorite restaurant or are looking to try something new, remember that small businesses are what defines the essence and individuality of your neighborhood. Be proud to support them!

-x0 Angelina

3 comments:

  1. Just registered for my Groupon Account.

    I love the deals Groupon offers while shopping for holiday gift ideas.

    I hope to find a great deal from a local business by 12/24 so I can earn my $10 in Groupon Bucks. Thanks for referring me.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelina. They are offering this deal again. Were you able to getthe dates you wanted? Seems too good to be true!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for stopping by! I have not used my voucher yet... but they do have pages and pages of resort availability at the moment... only catch is that you have to book within 60 days of travel. Personally, I am waiting a bit to use it incase they happen to have a Hawaii property open up, so I guess I'll have to start browsing in April (we will be there in June). I'll let you know what happens & when I book!

      Delete

ShareThis