Saturday, December 3, 2011

Marriott Rewards "90 Day Gold Challenge": Free Status Upgrade

Today Kevin and I took advantage of a free gold status upgrade promotion offered by Marriott Rewards. It was as simple as calling Marriott at 1 (888) 236-2427 and asking for the gold upgrade and providing your membership number to the agent.

This is exciting for us because normally to obtain gold status with Marriott, you must stay 50 nights in a calendar year. Considering that Kevin and I potentially have upcoming travel at a JW Marriott, it'll be fun to be able to enjoy all of the perks and upgrades.

Another great thing that the agent told me was that with this free 90 day gold status, if I make 12 stays, I maintain the status for an entire calendar year. That's something to think about!

1/16/12 Update From a Commenter: If not planning on completing the 12 nights in 3 months, you also could have asked for and received platinum status. When I did it last month, no proof of other status was required. To extend platinum status, 18 nights within the same period is required. Awesome find!

Don't have a Marriott Rewards account? Allow me to invite you to enroll. Registration is easy as pie and you and I will both get 2,000 bonus points after your first stay at a Marriott property.

-x0 Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis