Thursday, December 15, 2011

I'm "Gilty" Again...

I know I recently posted about how I was disappointed with Gilt Groupe for their sneaky change to their Mileage Plus/Onepass new member promotion, but hear me out on this one.

I had to send a "thank you" holiday gift to a casting director & of course you know that I love to kill 2 birds with one stone by meshing my crazy points hobby with my career. I decided to look for a small token gift that was A.) under $40, B.) can serve as a tax deduction, and C.) yield me the most points for my dollar.

I am aware that FTD is having a promotion with several airlines (25 miles per dollar with U.S. Airways &  30 miles per dollar with American Airlines just to name a few), but I was turned off by their ridiculous shipping & handling fees ($15.95 for it to arrive 12/28!). 

I decided to bite the bullet and place my order with Gilt (I created a new account using my Continental Onepass number and an old college email). The total of my gift came out to $40.95 including shipping. That purchase should get me a 1,500 Continental One Pass miles bonus plus 5 miles per dollar.

In an ideal situation, I believe it would be fair for Gilt to honor the previous order I made for $10 before they posted a $25 minimum-purchase requirement. I'll be sure to contact them shortly & share their response for others who might be in the same boat.

If you're interested in taking part of Gilt new member promotion to earn 1,500 bonus miles, you may register at http://www.gilt.com/united.

What holiday gifts have you purchased this year while maximizing points/miles bonuses?

-x0 Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis