Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hotel Status Matching

Yesterday I obtained Platinum Status with Accor Hotels (A|Club) for both Kevin and I. Accor has several partner hotels around the world (several which I am considering for stays in Singapore, Macau, & Hong Kong when we travel there at the end of March/early April). Sure, Platinum status is great with the A|Club, but what's even greater is that I will contact other hotel loyalty programs that I am a member of today (specifically Priority Club, Club Carlson, Omni, and Best Western because they are the top players in status matching), and request that they match status.

Having a higher status benefits a traveler in several ways. Some of the perks include instant room upgrades, free welcome drinks and gifts, and a higher point bonus with qualifying stays.

I'll go ahead and get started with the letters right now, and will keep you posted with the replies. :)

-x0 Angelina

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear that you got a platinum status, attaining platinum status is not that easy to get, it normally requires a lot of stays, but right now the workout is going that makes you upgraded easily.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis