Saturday, November 26, 2011

American Express: Small Business Saturday

I'm proud of American Express; they've created a huge social movement to preserve and promote the small business community throughout the U.S. Using Facebook, American Express allowed all AMEX card holders to pledge to shop at a locally-owned small business to receive a $25 statement credit for completing a qualifying $25 minimum purchase today, Saturday, November 26, 2011.

I love promotions like this. Not only have I been a loyal AMEX user for years, but I also love free stuff more than you can imagine. I bet we have that in common. So how did I pledge? I bought a $25 gift card to my favorite local diner on the corner. Kevin & I enjoyed yummy slow-roasted beet & goat cheese salads for lunch today. Thanks AMEX - you've helped maintain a trim waist and wallet for us today! :)

Also, Kevin has an AMEX business card that I secretly registered too. My plan is to trick him into taking me on a dinner date later. Hey - it IS Saturday Night...

x0-Angelina

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis