Thursday, January 26, 2012

Club Carlson News: Gold Points for PayPal $ and 30% Off Asia Sale

After spending 6 consecutive nights at Club Carlson properties along the route of my Texas Road Trip, I've become pretty familiar with the brand and several of their new promotions. In my eyes, Club Carlson has had some of the best promotions as far as free nights and point bonuses. However, I'm not the slightest bit crazy about their new way to "cash in"...

Redeem Points for PayPal Deposits
Yesterday, Club Carlson announced that you could now redeem Club Carlson Gold Points for Paypal deposits. Take a look at the redemption options below:

Considering that you can redeem 9,000 Gold Points for a free night at a Category 1 hotel and 15,000 Gold Points for a free night at a Category 2 property, I would steer clear of cashing in with PayPal - No Bueno in my eyes. Club Carlson has one of the most convenient free-night redemption tiers, and Gold Points are relatively easy to earn. I value my Gold Points far too much to cash in for anything other than free nights.

Club Carlson Asia 30% Off Sale
In honor of the Chinese New Year, Club Carlson is offering 30% off of select hotels in Asia if you book at least 2 consecutive nights by February 19, 2012 and stay before December 31, 2012. Plus, Club Carlson members booking the Hot Deals offer will receive 1,000 bonus Gold Points (in addition to the 2,000 bonus points for booking online), a free room upgrade, and free internet access during your stay. As far as T&C for this offer, it looks like it can not be combined with any other offers (such as Triple Points Promotions).

EDIT: As seen in the comments below, a reader called Club Carlson & commented saying that they will honor Triple Points with the 30% off rate. 

T&C states: "Not to be used in conjunction with any other discounts, promotions or offers, and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products." I'm guessing they are referring to any other discounts to the price, not points-earning opportunities? Hopefully someone can keep us posted!


What is your opinion on the value of Gold Points? Are you saving them for free nights or cashing in for PayPal deposits?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I actually have a reservation booked under the 30% off sale and after reading the terms and conditions you stated (I mostly booked with them because of the triple point promo), I called them up and she told me over the phone that my reservation would indeed qualify for triple points....Hoping she is right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandeep, glad you were able to take advantage of the sale, and that would be fantastic if it qualified for triple gold points! I hope she's right too... let us know :)

      Hmm... I wonder why they stated this: Not to be used in conjunction with any other discounts, promotions or offers, and cannot be exchanged for cash or other products.

      Perhaps that's just for other pricing discounts?

      Do let us know if the 3x points post! :P

      Delete

ShareThis